We are all becoming aware that exposure to mould can cause a variety of health effects and symptoms, including allergic reactions.
Mould is everywhere and can grow on almost any substance as long it has a source of moisture and oxygen.
Some examples of where mould will grow but is not limited to: paper, wood carpet food metal glass and clothing /personal belongings.
It is not possible to eliminate all mould from the indoor environment; mould reproduces by spores and is continually in the air. The mould spore cannot be seen with the naked eye. When the mould spore comes in contact with moisture they start to grow.
When assessing the issue caution should be used to prevent mould and mould spores from being dispersed throughout the occupied space where they can come in contact with the building occupants.